Friday, May 8, 2015

New York Boylesque Festival interview - Mike Monaco

Photo by Bill Wright

The New York Boylesque Festival weekend kicks off tonight with a teaser party at the Knitting Factory and is followed by tomorrow's main event at B.B. King's.


Here's your chance to meet some of the performers before they hit the stage.


Name: Mike Monaco
Home town: Pittsfield, MA

How many years have you been doing burlesque? 

Five years. I’m a member of Gypsy Layne Cabaret & Co. (
www.gypsylayne.com)  

How would describe your burlesque style?

Cheeky, mischievous, and fun-loving; I’m a bearded boy with a glamour girl twist.

Have you participated in the New York Boylesque Festival in the past?

I performed last year with my troupe, Gypsy Layne. This year I’m performing solo!  

Who are you most looking forward to seeing perform this weekend?

There are so many incredible performers that it’s hard to it narrow down, but I’m really excited to see Waxie Moon again—I was blown away by him at the 2013 festival, when I was in the audience, that he inspired be to apply for 2014…and here I am again!

What would you like to say to your New York fans (and future fans)? 

Mike Monaco is going to woo you and wow you so hard, you’ll be seeing stars when I’m done.   



No comments:

Post a Comment